- Main article: Season 1
They say friendship isn't one big thing, it's a million little things; and that's true for a group of friends from Boston who bonded under unexpected circumstances. Some have achieved success, others are struggling in their careers and relationships, but all of them feel stuck in life. After one of them dies unexpectedly, it's just the wake-up call the others need to finally start living. Along the way they discover that friends may be the one thing to save them from themselves.
Main cast and charactersEdit
- David Giuntoli as Eddie Saville
- Romany Malco as Rome Howard
- Allison Miller as Maggie Bloom
- Christina Moses as Regina Howard
- Christina Ochoa as Ashley Morales
- Grace Park as Katherine Kim
- James Roday as Gary Mendez
- Stephanie Szostak as Delilah Dixon
- Tristan Byon as Theo Saville
- Lizzy Greene as Sophie Dixon
A Million Little Things was created by DJ Nash. On August 18, 2017, the show landed on ABC with a put pilot commitment, with Nash serving as writer and executive producer. Aaron Kaplan and Dana Honor from Kapital Entertainment were also announced as executive producers.
The show's title comes from the popular adage "Friendship isn’t a big thing – it’s a million little things", and was described as "being in the tone of The Big Chill". Being his first hourlong project, Nash explained that he got the idea for A Million Little Things following his project Losing It, and that the show was loosely based on a personal experience:
It's an optimistic look at how the loss of a friend is the impetus for the other seven to finally start living, to make a promise to him and to themselves to finally be honest about what's really going on... I know in my own life, my friend's passing is a constant reminder to keep things in perspective.
On January 26, 2018, the show received a pilot order by ABC. Casting for the main cast started in February 2018 with David Giuntoli, and ended the next month with Lizzy Greene. Shooting for the pilot took place from March 13 to March 30, 2018, in Vancouver. It was directed by James Griffiths, who also serves as executive producer for the series.
On May 9, 2018, the show was officially picked up to series, and was announced to be co-produced by ABC Studios and Kapital Entertainment. In June 2018, it was revealed that the show would stay in Vancouver for its filming.
|A Million Little Things Ratings|
These numbers are the total viewers of the first airing on ABC in the USA on Wednesdays 10:00 pm (episode 1.01 to 1.10) and on Thursdays 9:00 pm (episode 1.11 onward).
A Million Little Things ratings: Total viewers per episode (in millions)
These numbers are the 18-49 Demo numbers of the first airing on ABC in the USA on Wednesdays 10:00 pm (episode 1.01 to 1.10) and on Thursdays 9:00 pm (episode 1.11 onward).
A Million Little Things ratings: 18-49 Demo numbers per episode
- Only the final ratings are added in these tables. The early ratings are not used.
- The series high is "Pilot", which was watched by 5.07 million viewers and earned a 1.1 demo rating.
- The series low is "Perspective", which was watched by 3.17 million viewers and earned a 0.7 demo rating.
- DJ Nash found the inspiration for the title for the series on a motivational cat photo, while he was surfing the web on the free WiFi at a Ralphs in Sherman Oaks.
- Official Website
- Official Facebook
- Official Twitter
- Official Instagram
- A Million Little Things on IMDb
- A Million Little Things on TheFutonCritic